Thursday, July 1, 2010

UK: Isle of Cumbrae, Scotland

My cousin Dana calls Scotland an undiscovered destination. At first, my initial reaction to going to Scotland was rather bland. "What could be that great in Scotland?" Well was I in for a shock! It was BEAUTIFUL!! In fact, it is my next trip!! I have never seen a place so green and so natural!! I just fell in love with it instantly!! My photos/videos just don't speak highly enough for Scotland's natural beauty!!

Dana has friends from Scotland, Amna: pronounced UmNa and Vlad, who showed us around! So, enjoy!

The Isle of Cumbrae is about one hour north of Glasgow and the Isle is situated next to the town of Millport. The crossing took about 15 minutes - short and sweet.

After arriving on the Island, we walked on the beach for a bit and then drove around the island which took about thirty minutes. After circling the island we proceeded up the winding road to the top of a hill which overlooks the island. It was sweet!! The landscape is amazing. I've never seen such natural beauty!




Amna and Dana

Me and Dana

Dana and Amna

Dana and ME





1 comment:

  1. I actually LOVED Scotland. I thought it was a very beautiful yet rugged country! The castles were great too!

    ReplyDelete