Friday, June 11, 2010

General Thoughts about Moscow

As a tourist I liked Moscow, but if I had to live there - I wouldn't make it for very long. There are just way too many people, both tourists and residents!! However, even as a tourist Moscow gets a bit frustrating.

For my second visit to Moscow, I booked a new Hostel - The Hostel from hell. I get to the hostel and come to find out there is no running water and no electricity on the second floor. Ridiculous-ness!!! The only upside to this story was I only paid $35 dollars instead of $50.00 for 3 nights! Again the only upside to this story!! To take a shower, I had to walk about 6 blocks to another hostel, and well, to use the bathroom, I had to be savvy/take advantage of every opportunity!! Again, Ridiculous-ness!!!!!!

So, the first time I was in Moscow, I didn't get to go into Lenin's Mausoleum due to the Holiday. At that point I was okay with not going because I figured I'll see it the second time I go to Moscow!! Well, no such luck the second time around!!! As a side note, Lenin's Mausoleum is only open from 10:00am to 1:00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm in line for Lenin's Mausoleum on Tuesday, ready to go, and then come to find out it is CLOSED!!!! I'm so incredibly frustrated after hearing this because I am leaving on Wednesday morning and there is no time to see it!!!! It is just one thing after another sometimes!! I guess there is always next time, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment