Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My New Home

I finally arrived at Cross Cultural Solutions’s Home Base in Yaroslavl where I will be living for the next eleven weeks. Upon arrival, myself, Kathy and Caroline (Kathy and Caroline are also volunteers who arrived in Moscow with me) were greeted by two volunteers, Sally and Jess, who have been volunteering the past couple of weeks.

New Volunteers:

  • Kathy is from New York City, Irish heritage, and is recently retired.
  • Caroline is from Sweden, is in a gap year transition from high school to university.

Old Volunteers:

  • Sally is from Washington and works in the medical field.
  • Jess is from England and is also in a gap year transition from high school to university.

Staff:

  • Natalia is the director of the Russian program.
  • Olga, Katya, and Asya are translators who go to the placements with us.
  • Larissa and Slytvanna are the cooks.
  • Galina is the housekeeper.
  • Anatolie is the bus driver.
  • Sasha is the night guard.

This is my new Russian family.

No comments:

Post a Comment